April 11-14, 2019
The Teachers’ Professional Development Program (TPDP) allows a select group of teachers to attend the Festival and be totally immersed in music education. As a member of TPDP you will be involved in the following:
- Sessions in Concert Band, Concert Choir, Jazz Band, and Jazz Choir
- 16 hours of clinic sessions with world-class facilitators
- Four days of performances
- General sessions and master classes
- Over a dozen concerts
- Professional development sessions
- Hosting Showcase Concerts
- Small group discussions with TPDP coordinators
As a member of TPDP you will be housed in the Festival host hotel. For a small registration fee of $100 the Festival will provide you with accommodation plus breakfast and lunch. You are responsible for your travel costs to and from the Festival.
“An awesome experience”, “the best PD I have ever had”, “I’ve never learned so much”, “I’m so revitalized”, are just a few comments from participants of TPDP. If you want to improve your teaching or just learn more, TPDP is for you. Even experienced teachers have found TPDP to be an incredible experience!
2019 will be the 28th year of the Festival. We are proud to offer educators the opportunity to observe and work with masters in their field, as well hear outstanding junior and senior high ensembles in performances and clinics.
The registration deadline is December 15, 2019.